Although Michigan may not have the most breweries in the country, we sure do have some top-notch breweries in this area. I thought we would look at some in Oakland County today!
5 Oakland County Craft-Breweries
- Rustic Leaf Brewing Company – This is a place to go for the beer. There is no food, but you are welcome to bring your own food in with you. There are also board games to play if you’d like to hang around. Owned and founded by Doug Neubeck who is also the head brewmaster. Doug says this is his dream come true. Location: 7200 Highland Road, Waterford, MI 48327
- Fillmore 13 Brewery – The location was once an art gallery and some office spaces, but the vision is what drew Bo and Lee in. They chose Pontiac, Michigan because they wanted to breathe life and revival into a community and this was the place to do just that! Lee Roumaya after having worked in the industry for nearly 3 decades decided to open his own craft brewery. Read more about the team that makes Fillmore 13 Brewery the great place it has become! Location: 7 North Saginaw Street, Pontiac, Michigan 48342
- Witch’s Hat Brewing Company – The owners of this establishment grew up in the community and chose to start this small brewing company there as a way of giving back to a place that had given so much to them. It’s an interesting story of where this idea stemmed from. You should click over and read more about it. For a list of what’s on tap you’ll need to visit their website. Truly a special place that craft beer lovers will want to experience. Location: 601 S Lafayette, South Lyon, MI 48178
- River Rouge Brewing Company – This is yet another brewery where it is all about the beer. You will not find food served at this establishment either and so don’t come hungry, but do come thirsty! Click over to their website for a list of current craft beers on tap. Location: 406 E. 4th Street, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Michigan Beer Growler Company – The mantra of Michigan Beer Growler Company is to provide a wide variety of craft beer for every enthusiast. MBGCo hopes to carry one of the largest supplies of craft beer on tap that Michigan Breweries have to offer. They offer 26 beers on tap, 2 hard ciders, and 2 craft sodas. Stop in and see what it’s all about! Location: 31221 Southfield Rd, Beverly Hills, MI 48025
Do you have a favorite Oakland County Craft-Brewery that we did not mention? Please share with us what your favorite one is.