Memorial Day approaches. Here are some Memorial Day Events In The Oakland County Area.
Birmingham Hometown Parade is held at 1 pm on May 20th. This year marks the Bicentennial. Should be a special one!
City of Birmingham annual Memorial Day service is at 10 a.m. on May 28th at Shain Park, 151 Martin St., Birmingham.
The annual observance of Memorial Day in Shain Park includes addresses by the Mayor and State Representative, patriotic music, and the introduction of veterans. Civil War re-enactors, the Friends of the Birmingham Museum will make a presentation about the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War and provide a tour of historic Greenwood Cemetery at 11:30 a.m.
This is Ferndale’s 100TH Memorial Day Parade! The oldest continuous Memorial Day celebration in the state of Michigan. Held this year on Monday, May 28th. The parade begins at 10:00 am at the corner of Livernois Street and West Maplehurst Street.
There are several Ceremonies throughout the day in Lake Orion. Here they are.
* Prayer and Memorial – 9 am at Eastlawn Cemetery on Orion Road, just south of Atwater St. on the west side of Orion Rd.
* American Legion Wreath Ceremony – 10 am On Paint Creek in Children’s Park across from the American Legion Post 233 in Downtown Lake Orion.
* Memorial Day Parade – 11 am. Downtown Lake Orion. The parade starts at Blanche Sims School, the route is Florence St to E. Flint St west to Broadway St, north to Elizabeth St.
* Veterans Memorial Service – 1 pm at the beautiful Orion Veterans Memorial located on M-24 (Lapeer Rd) at Heights Rd. in Lake Orion.
Steeped in tradition and famous for its high standards, the Royal Oak Memorial parade is one you shouldn’t miss. It steps off on Main Street at Lincoln and heads north at 9 a.m. on May 28.
- Rochester/Rochester Hills
Heritage Days 2018 – Rochester Municipal Park, 816 Ludlow Ave, Rochester, MI. Runs from May 19th through May 20th.
The Greater Rochester Heritage Days. Heritage Days is an outdoor event with a long tradition in the community. The show is held in Rochester’s scenic Municipal Park, providing a pleasant, family atmosphere. In the past, this festival has attracted over 20,000 visitors and includes the Art and Craft show, musicians, Civil War Encampment, car show, Log Rollers, and a variety of other family fun activities. Admission is FREE!
Crafts Along the Creek 2018 – Rochester Municipal Park, 816 Ludlow Ave, Rochester, MI. Runs from May 19th through May 20th.
The Crafts Along the Creek Art and Craft Show takes place during the Greater Rochester Heritage Days.
On Monday, May 28th at 11 am to Noon there will be a Memorial Day Ceremony in front of City Hall at Veterans Plaza.
Thankful this Memorial Day.