I can think of many things to do in Royal Oak, but I’ll stick with my top 5 for this blog.
- Royal Oak Farmer’s Market. It’s open ALL YEAR AROUND! Most Farmer’s Markets close in the Winter, but not the Royal Oak’s Farmer’s Market. They do have additional hours in the Summertime, but you can count on them to be open throughout the year and that’s a good thing!! Location: 316 E 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067. Saturdays, 7 AM to 1 PM.
- Creative Arts Studio. Find your artistic flare at Creative Arts Studio. They have classes, parties or you can walk in anytime and try your hand at Pottery Painting, Mosaics, Glass Fusing, Wax Hands, or Spin Art. Location: 114 West 4th Street Royal Oak, MI 48067. Open Monday through Thursday from 11 AM to 9 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11 AM to 10 PM, and Sunday from 12 PM to 7 PM.
- Detroit Zoo. Every age loves the zoo, right? Make sure you wear comfortable shoes though as there’s a lot of walking, but you’ll get your dose of Vitamin D. Location: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067. Open Monday through Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle. An evening out with your friends full of laughter. That sounds like a good time to me. There are usually 3 acts in an evening leading up to the headliner. Fun! Fun! Fun! Location: 310 S Troy Street, Royal Oak, MI 48067/
- Rail & Anchor. A very cute boutique with gifts for even the impossible person on your shopping list. Seriously! They have everything you could think of and some you might not think of! Location: 502 S Washington Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48067. Open Monday through Saturday from 11 AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 11 AM to 6 PM.
Now if I added all the places there are to dine in or grab a quick bite then this would have been MUCH longer. Maybe that will be another blog!! What do you like to do in Royal Oak? Did I mention it?